Winter in Hartville is a great time to explore. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the holiday, take in the tranquility of our winter landscapes, and warm up with our delicious homestyle cooking.
12 Things to Do in Hartville in the Winter
1) Visit with Santa
Santa and friends can be found at many locations in town throughout the month of December. Join him for breakfast or at a holiday event for a chance to discuss “naughty or nice” and photos. Santa Sightings found here.
2) Find your Favorite Soup Did you know the Hartville area boasts over 75 varieties of soup? Check out our area restaurants and let the taste test begin. Discover Hartville Tip – Our favorites include the tortilla soup at Mi Casa Mexican Restaurant, wild rice at Eatz & Treatz, and homegrown sweet corn chowder at Maize Valley.
3) Indoor Fun at Lake Library
Weekly storytime, monthly movies, educational and entertaining classes, clubs for knitting, books, & legos, author talks, & more will keep you busy all winter long.
4) Enjoy a Dinner Concert at Hartville Kitchen
The only way to top a homestyle meal from Hartville Kitchen is to add some great music. See the schedule and reserve your seat for an upcoming performance.
5) Christmas Shopping
The greater Hartville area is home to dozens of unique shops with friendly staff to help you select the perfect gifts.
6) Go Cross-Country Skiing at Quail Hollow Park
When the snow cover is at least 3 inches, skis and snowshoes can be rented at the manor house at Quail Hollow Park on weekends. A small sledding hill is also available.
7) Get in the Holiday Spirit
Attend a traditional holiday event, drive through the neighborhoods to view Christmas lights, and sip on a seasonal beverage at one of our cafes. Discover Hartville Tip – An Evening in the Village (December 3, 2017) and the Christmas at the Hollow (December 7-9, 2017) are two long-standing, not to miss events!
8) Girls Night Out
Check out the Hartville event calendar for upcoming classes including painting, essential oil make and takes, yoga, and more. Discover Hartville Tip – Grab a gingerbread latte before class for a seasonal treat.
9) Get Fit
Put on a few pounds over the holidays or looking to tackle a New Year’s resolution? Take a winter class at Lake YMCA, workout at Ladies Super Fitness or Hartville Crossfit, or drop in on a hot yoga class at Erin’s Euphoria Wellness Center.
10) Live Music at Maize Valley
Warm up by the fire at Maize Valley Winery and Brewery while enjoying live music from 7:30-9:30pm Friday and Saturday evenings.
12) Attend the Giant Tool Sale & Expo at Hartville Hardware in February
Held every February at the world’s largest independent hardware store, this event is jam packed with workshops and demonstrations by industry experts and huge sales throughout the store.